License Agreement Terms for the Darkfire RPG Client Software
This License applies to the Darkfire RPG client software as well as all material distributed along with it. The only exception to this rule are the images originally placed under the directory "<installation directory>/resources/images/gpl", which are subject to the GNU General Public License.
From this point onward the terms "software" and "program" both refer to the Darkfire RPG client software and all material distributed along with it, except for the images placed under the aforementioned "gpl" directory.
You (the licensee) must accept the terms and conditions described in this document in order to be allowed to use the software. If you do not agree and comply, you must not download, install, use in any way, copy or redistribute any part of this software.
- You may install and run the software free of charge, in the form as it is distributed by the copyright holders, on any computer. "Free of charge" means that the copyright holders demand no charge for the act of using the software. The copyright holders and the distributors of this software cannot be held liable for any costs which arise through the use of this software. Also see point 7. for liability.
- This software is a client program for an online game. When run, the program will attempt to open a network connection to a remote computer on the internet ("the server") and transfer game-related data back and forth between your computer and the server. The program will use your local resources to do so and you must bear all costs which arise from the use of any network and internet connectivity accessible to the software. The copyright holders and the distributors of this software cannot be held liable for any costs which arise through the use of this software such as - but not limited to - the cost for accessing network and internet connectivity.
- To be allowed to use this software you must be permitted by applicable law to participate in an online computer game.
- To be allowed to use this software you must agree to the fact that any data which resides inside this program's installation directory, any information you type while using this software, as well as any action or behaviour performed while using this software may be transmitted to the server and stored there. Byond the requirements of applicable law there is no guarantee that this data will be protected in any way, as there is no warranty whatsoever associated with this software. See point 6. and 7.
- You may copy and redistribute the software, in the exact same form as it is distributed by the copyright holders. You must not distribute a modified or incomplete version of this software. You must not demand any charges for the act of copying or redistributing the software.
- THERE IS NO WARRANTY FOR THE SOFTWARE, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS PROVIDE THE PROGRAM "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE PROGRAM IS WITH YOU. SHOULD THE PROGRAM PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION.
- IN NO EVENT UNLESS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW OR AGREED TO IN WRITING WILL ANY COPYRIGHT HOLDER, OR ANY OTHER PARTY WHO MAY MODIFY AND/OR REDISTRIBUTE THE PROGRAM AS PERMITTED ABOVE, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE PROGRAM (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF DATA OR DATA BEING RENDERED INACCURATE OR LOSSES SUSTAINED BY YOU OR THIRD PARTIES OR A FAILURE OF THE PROGRAM TO OPERATE WITH ANY OTHER PROGRAMS), EVEN IF SUCH HOLDER OR OTHER PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
End of Terms and Conditions